In order to provide you with workshop and related event registrations, HAI collects, and uses certain information about you. This policy explains what we collect, and how you can interact with HAI in order to ensure the accuracy of the data we collect and use. The information HAI collects from you helps HAI better serve the workshop community by continually personalizing the electronic services HAI provides. HAI collects and maintains the following data:
1. Information that you provide to us: HAI receives and stores all information that you provide to us. This includes; a) your e-mail address, your credit card number, your credit card expiration date, your first name, your last name, your address, your city, your state, your zip, your country, and your agreement to be bound by HAI’s terms and conditions; and b) telephone information: your telephone number(s). You are obligated to provide HAI with accurate and up-to-date information, and failure to provide HAI with such information could void any Agreement between you and HAI. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as processing your workshop registration request, responding to inquiries, improving our service, and communicating with you.
2. Information that we automatically receive: HAI receives and stores certain information whenever you have attended a workshop in the form of an attendance roster.
3. E-mail Correspondence: HAI does not archive all e-mail sent in and out of our network. In addition the HAI database is separately maintained at a different physical location than our e-mail server. HAI has the right to relocate the e-mail server or database server if needed.
4. Protection of HAI and third parties: HAI will release data when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Agreement, and protect the contract rights of our Clients. HAI passes no data to the owner/operator of the web site from which you communicate with us.
5. If you consent (Opt-In): Other than detailed above, HAI will contact you and request your permission prior to sharing your data with third parties. Generally, HAI will offer a promotional product or service on behalf of a third party, rather than allow the third party to contact you directly. In any event, other than detailed above, HAI will contact you at the location provided by you at enrollment when we desire to share your information with a third party, or, HAI will present you with a requesting that you opt-in to any third party mailing “check-box” lists. Should you desire to “opt-out” of any such mailing lists, simply do so by sending an e-mail to: privacy@HAI.org.
HAI Spam Policy
Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. e-mail spam targets individual users with direct mail messages and costs the sender very little to send. Most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender. HAI doesn’t condone the use of spam and the sending of unsolicited e-mail in any form, nor do we control other Web sites involvement and/or practices in this area. For a more illustrative description of Spam, please visit the web site: http://www.spamfree.org/